Our Team profiles
How to add a profile
How to add a University member profile
- From the page ‘Our Team’, select ‘Add new…’, ‘Profile’
- Fill in First name – Last name – Username = SSO – Email – Category
A profile created with a SSO will automatically register a user account.
How to add an non-University member profile
Researchers non-affiliated with the University are set up either with an external username (starting with tropx, set up by Symplectic), or with lastname-firsname for example.
If such a profile is later updated with a SSO, you can create a user account:
Delete the existing user account: in Site setup (under your name, top-right) > Users and Groups > select the user and tick 'remove user' > Apply changes
Note: this opetation can take some time, it is recommended to remove one user at a time
- Register a new user account on the profile page: 'Create user account' (under your name, top-right)
How to add a link to a profile on another website
Create a profile with a Username different from the person's SSO (choose Surname-Firstname)
- Select Profile type = External profile
- Add the URL to the person's profile on another website
- Tick the box 'Publications sync disabled'
Save and add a photo, job title and email (if you want email to show on the thumb) on the profile page.
How to edit a researcher profile page
Select ‘Edit content’
- Portrait tile: click ‘Edit’ and update title (title, first name, last name) and image (browse, select and ‘save’ – photos come up better cropped square, minimum 300px wide)
- Contact information tile: click ‘Edit’ and add PA email if relevant
- Research group tile: this tile will populate automatically once the researcher has been added to the corresponding Research Group: ‘Edit’ the page, on the tab 'Relations' select the researcher and move to the right-hand column; sort alphabetically
- Profile information tile: click ‘Edit’, add the scientis title under ‘main job title’, any other titles under ‘additional job titles’, update and save
- Text tile: click ‘Edit’, add the group name as Title, and Programme Summary in the body.
For accessibility and to respect the hierarchy in the headings: if the text tile contains headings, you must add a 'Title' to the tile
Links must be embedded in the text, and not spelled-out in full
- Publications: by default Haiku will show 5 key and 5 recent publications, with their Altmetric score
Type in and select 'key publications'
Alternatively, Key publications can be imported via 'favourite' publications in Symplectic
How to add a podcast tile on a profile
- Click ‘Edit layout’
- Add an ‘Embed code’ tile and a 'Text' tile in the left-hand side column, ‘Save’
- Title: Podcast interview
- Description: interview summary
- Embed code: on the Vimeo page, click ‘Share’, ‘Show options’, untick boxes and copy/paste the Embed code
- No title
- Add the link in the Text field: link text = View podcast transcript (embed the link to the podcast page)
How to add an image/figure to a profile
- Click ‘Edit layout’
- Add an 'Image' tile in the middle-column
For accessibility, you must add a 'description' which will double as alternative text for the image.
- Select 'zoom in pop-up'.
How to add socia media to a profile
Add a 'Social media icon' tile, edit and add URL for either Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn etc.
Note: link to the researcher's ORCID page is added as a 'Social media icon'
How to add DPhil projects and collaborators' map to a profile
Add an 'Embed code' tile, edit and select either 'DPhil projects' or 'collaborations'.
Dont fill in any other field, it will be erased.
How to import a research profile from another website
Copy the URL from the source website
- In ‘Our Team’ select Action > ‘Add remote content’ and paste the URL
- Select box(es)
- Under 'Actions', select 'Sync publications'
How to export profiles
From the page Our Team, there are various format options for export under your name (top-right)
There is currently (Dec 2020) no way to export user accounts.