KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Collaborative Research Programme
The KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Collaborative Research Programme headquarters are based in the Kilifi District of Kenya, North of Mombasa at the Kenyan Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) Centre for Geographic Medicine Research - Coast.
The goals of the Programme are:
- To carry out research to high international scientific and ethical standards on major causes of illness and death in Africa
- To build strong and sustainable internationally competitive, national and regional research capacity
- To work in a way that facilitates integration and cross fertilization of scientific disciplines
- To conduct intervention research and basic research in parallel
- To have a direct input to local and international health policy