Haiku general information
Haiku Help - Haiku knowledge based guide
Haiku Service Desk - raise a request, for Haiku users who have access to the service desk
Recommendation for new content - summary of what is required for accessibility
How to make a PDF accessible & how to check a PDF for accessibility
Writing for the web - writing to be read, how to make your text easier to read
General update information
How to Rename a page & update an URL
Page title & URL can be edited using: action > rename > rename all
Page title & URL can also be edited in 'Contents': select 'Rename'
If you want to update the URL of a section that has a page selected as default view, navigate to the section in 'Contents' and select 'Rename' at the bottom of the screen
Note: Haiku will keep the 'bread crumb' path when renaming a page; for a shorter URL, create an Alias instead (on the Edit bar). Any alias must begin with '/'
How to edit a list
Options for lists (News, Event, Profile etc.) can be edited in: Contents > Taxonomy library
How to set up a section visible for users logged in
- Create a section and pages within, set all as 'Hidden'
- Under 'Sharing', select Logged-in users = can view
Note: it's possible to create a section accessed through a specific local login. Haiku needs to action a developer to set this us; it would function like a pop up on the browser when you select the section
How to set up a section visible for users not logged in
- Create a section and pages within, set all as 'Published'
- Edit the Section: in the tab 'Settings', tick the box 'Exclude from navigation'; all pages within the section need to be included in the navigation.
Note: to access the section, navigate through 'Contents'
General features when creating a new website
How to create a Publications and a News sections
Under 'Content', add a new section
Under your name (top right), select 'Manage features' and select either 'Publications sections' or 'News section
How to set up dropdown navigation
Under your name (top right), navigate Site Setup → Haiku → Navigation → Dropdown Navigation
'Navigation limit' will determine how many items show in the navigation; any more items will feature under 'More'
How to amend header
To add logos to the header
- Add logos in the image library. Suggested size 276px height
- Navigate under your name (top right) Site Setup → Haiku → Header
Primary logo will be displayed on the left of the header, secondary logo on the right
How to amend footer
Under your name (top right), navigate Site Setup → Haiku → Footer
How to create site administrator accounts with remote content
- Under Our Team, navigate Actions → Add remote content
- Once the profile is create, under your name (top right) select 'Create user account'
- Under your name (top right), navigate Site Setup → Users and Groups and tick 'Site administrator across the name