Three months before
One month before
- Pre-podcast meeting: discuss the outline of the podcast and where the filming is to take place
- If the voice-over is a live interview, the Unit needs to source speaker(s) and draft text; make sure that enough time has been scheduled for interview(s) (at least 1h for the footage and 1h for interviews)
- Contact the relevant Building Manager
Filming & Editing
- Ask the Unit to produce drafts for opening and closing slides, and to provide photos and web links
- Make sure that we have permission to use any logo
- Prepare opening and closing slides (size 1600 x 900 px); leave a white border around the slide
- Take lots of notes!
- If we film live interview(s), make notes of questions that were repeated, which take is the best, any background noises, where to add slides, etc.
- Anyone featured in films will need to sign a consent form, downloadable from the University photography and GDPR toolkit
- Send notes to the editor; if relevant, send notes to the Unit for them to choose shots
- If we film live interviews, make notes/suggestions what to keep and what to drop, in which order