Applications have now closed for Global Health Journalism Fellowship
The proliferation of poor quality medical products (medicines, vaccines and devices) is an important but neglected public health problem, threatening millions of lives in developing and developed countries.
Accurate journalistic reporting is essential to ensure that the public are aware of the dangers of falsified and substandard medicines but are not discouraged from taking appropriate medicines and seeking medical advice. Therefore, the 2018 Global Health Journalism Fellowship will invite outstanding young journalists to participate in the first ever international conference on Medicine Quality and Public Health at the University of Oxford, from 23-28 September.
This conference will bring together over 200 stakeholders from academia, NGOs, private sector organisations and policy-makers to discuss the opportunities to strengthen international collaboration in medicine quality and how to provide more high quality evidence. It will provide a unique opportunity for talented journalists to network with international experts and forge stronger connections between scientists, policy-makers and journalists.
The deadline for applications is Sunday, 12 August 2018 at 23:59 (BST); the successful Fellowship applicants will be confirmed by late August 2018.
If you applied we will be in touch with you shortly
- Selected journalists will receive a bespoke briefing from communications experts and world-leading scientists at the University of Oxford
- The Conference provides a unique opportunity for networking with global health experts and other journalists interested in medicine quality and related issues
- Support for interview requests and access to speakers will be provided
- A certificate of participation will be provided after the Conference
- The fellowship will cover the costs for
- Return flights from the country of residency to the UK
- A standard visitor visa for travel to the UK
- Registration for 5 days at the Medicine Quality and Public Health conference
- 5 days accommodation and meals at the conference venue