MSc in International Health and Tropical Medicine (IHTM)
Join our webinar Postgraduate Education at CTMGH (Diploma and Master's courses)
to learn more about the MSc IHTM and our Postgraduate Diploma in Global Health Research - March 31st at 9:30 BST - Register
View transcript: MSc IHTM explainer
IHTM prides itself on the quality of teaching and we are continually looking to innovate our content and delivery. We are proud to have received numerous awards for our teaching.
7 Oxford Student Union Teaching Awards : 4 Medical Science Division Teaching Awards : 2 Public Engagement Awards
The MSc in International Health and Tropical Medicine (IHTM) is a full-time one-year multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary programme examining major challenges to the health of populations in resource-limited contexts.
“This is a course for talented global health change makers. We provide future leaders with a strong foundation to critically engage with the range of evidence informing global health decisions. We also support the development of soft skills in communication, management and teamwork to further enhance the impact our graduates have in their respective contexts."
Professor Proochista Ariana, IHTM Course Director
The course aims to develop students':
- capacity to lead and work in multidisciplinary teams to tackle health challenges in resource-limited settings;
- ability to apply an ethical approach to address inequities;
- foundational skills in research techniques applied in the analysis of global health challenges;
- capacity to critically appraise evidence in global health;
- skills and practical experience in research.
After completing the course, students continue to advance their knowledge, understanding and skills further in research or professional practice in the field of global health. Read more about the impact of IHTM.
Our graduates have gone on to leadership and research positions within institutions in their home countries and with major international health organisations. We currently have a growing alumni network of 152 students from 54 different countries and a broad range of disciplines from anthropology to engineering to medicine. We currently have alumni in:
- Ministries of health in Liberia, Fiji, East Timor, Bangladesh, Japan, Pakistan, Brazil, Seychelles and Thailand
- International organisations such as WHO, PAHO, FAO, WFP, World Bank, UNDP, MSF, UNICEF
- Research institutes in South Africa, Tanzania, Kenya, Cambodia, Vietnam, Mexico
- Further study at Oxford, Cambridge, UCT, among others.
If you wish to find out more about the course or have any other general inquiries contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our activities, follow us on Facebook (MSc in International Health and Tropical Medicine, University of Oxford), LinkedIn and Twitter (@OxIHTM)